Law Enforcement Risk Summit
Join us at the Georgia Public Safety Training Center Conference Bay for the first annual Law Enforcement Risk Management Summit! Multifaceted agency operations require a multifaceted risk management approach. LGRMS will support you and your agency in developing comprehensive solutions. This Summit will offer three courses that address high-risk agency operation exposure.
All aspects of law enforcement are fraught with risks. These exposures grow in complexity and are subject to a veritable onslaught of litigation. Yet, you can turn the tide against the liability tsunami and shield your agency by futureproofing it. Don’t wait for a lawsuit to fix problems. Mitigate them by developing a top-down risk management approach.
Multifaceted agency operations require a multifaceted risk management approach. LGRMS will support you and your agency in developing comprehensive solutions. The first annual Law Enforcement Risk Management Summit will offer three courses that address high-risk agency operation exposure.
- Supervisor Liability (6 hours) – Course Objectives:
- The 3 most important questions in supervisor liability.
- Inspect what you expect—taking on the role of early detection and intervention.
- Internal Affairs operations as an agency-wide undertaking.
- Sources of liability in personnel management.
- Making legally and ethically defensible hiring decisions.
- Performance evaluations—are they helping or hurting us?
- Combating the diffusion of responsibility and the bystander effect as supervisors.
- Officer discipline, termination, and the liabilities incurred by the failure to act.
- Managing Liability Risk in Road Patrol and Jail Operations (6 hours) – Course Objectives:
- High-risk road patrol and jail operations.
- Risk management approaches to audits, inspections, and corrective action.
- Reducing operational exposure and optimizing organizational success.
- The confluence between policy, training, supervision, and corrective action.
- How to Mitigate Agency Liability through Audits and Inspections (6 hours) – Course Objectives:
- Topics to audit and inspect for early detection of minor problems.
- Identify and handle “hot button” issues that could be indicative of underlying or developing issues.
- Dealing with damaging incidents before they progress into risk management nightmares.