How to Develop a Diversity Recruiting Program
“Fireworks don’t beat framework.” Your quest to institute, implement and maintain an equitable workplace is a grind that takes forethought, consistency, energy, and teamwork. This workshop provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of developing, implementing, executing, and evaluating diversity programs designed to recruit and embrace a culturally diverse workplace.
Upon successful completion of the workshop, participants should be able to:
• Design and implement a successful diversity recruiting program
• Identify links between diversity, cultural competency, and productivity
• Understand the damaging effects of a botched diversity recruiting program
• Recognize the benefits of overcoming a “quota” approach to diversity recruiting
• Develop the essential skills, techniques, approaches, and strategies to promote an inclusive workplace.
The program is designed for staff members and elected officials who are responsible for recruiting, hiring, promoting, and retaining employees.